Eden Residential Program
Location: Winkler, MB
0.7FTE Part Time Permanent; Schedule TBD
Closing Date: June 15, 2018
Job Posting Number: LP-195-0615
The Housing Support Worker assists in carrying out housing and support plans, outreach to tenants, and rehabilitation and support functions. This would include skill building, linking to and maintaining formal and informal support network. The Housing Support Worker will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, other related disciplines, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Experience in mental health preferred.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Tenant Outreach & Support:
Participation in Planning and Intervention with Tenants:
- Reviews assessment tools/information and accompanying referral documentation.
- Provides information to the Housing and Supports Manager during the initial and ongoing assessment of an individual’s housing needs.
- Assist tenants to establish a plan, structure, and goals which will support successful tenancy and prevent evictions.
- Provides Rehabilitation and Support Services to Tenants.
Participates in development and implementation of housing options.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Commitment to the values of Eden Health Care Services.
- Knowledge of mental illnesses/mental health issues and recovery.
- Excellent time management, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Jordan Fehr – firstname.lastname@example.org