Full Time Permanent
Location: Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler MB
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: EMHC-095-1214
Consistent with the vision, mission, values, objectives and policies of Eden Health Care Services, the Program Director is to direct and coordinate all programs and services at Eden Mental Health Centre. The Program Director is responsible for:
- Ensuring effective patient/client care consistent with organizational vision, mission and values.
- Acting as the Eden Mental Health Centre liaison to the Eden Health Care Services’ office
- Ensuring programs and services meet the needs of the community and Eden Mental Health Centre’s performance goals and objectives.
- Promoting and maintaining a therapeutic environment.
- Developing and implementing evidence-based programs and services.
- Provision of overall leadership and direction to Eden Mental Health Centre’s programs and services within the context of an interdisciplinary leadership team.
- Conducting systematic program and policy reviews.
- Leading the strategic program planning process.
- Financial management.
- In consultation and collaboration with Human Resources, oversees staff recruitment, appointment, classification, orientation, evaluation, discipline, and termination.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with related programs, services, agencies and partner organizations.
- Post-secondary education in health, mental health or related field (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Seven (7) years of recent experience in management of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing.
- Five (5) years of recent experience in an administrative management position in a mental health setting.
- Two (2) years of recent experience working in a mental health inpatient environment or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of recent experience in the practices and principles of mental health care administration and management.
- Completion of a recognized Management/Leadership Course or equivalent experience.
- Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts.
- Must have knowledge of the Recovery Model.
- Must have experience and working knowledge in violence prevention, suicide prevention and crisis management.
- Must have experience working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have experience working with diverse population in a mental health setting.
- Working knowledge of mental health programming, emergent issues, trends and challenges.
- Experience in preparing and writing reports and developing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates Eden Health Care Services Core Competencies and Management & Leadership Competencies.
- Effective computer skills.
- Excellent work and attendance record.
Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator
Eden Health Care Services