Employee Group: Non-union
Department/Service/ Program: Concordia Village IV, Winnipeg – Eden Residential Care Services
FTE/Hours of Work: 0.6 FTE; Schedule dependent on programming
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: April 26, 2019
Job Posting Number: CV-195-0405
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
Under the supervision of the Housing and Supports Manager, the Program Activity Worker plans, organizes and facilitates the activities with participants of the community who live with a mental illness. The Program Activity Worker will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
• University or college education in Human Services or other relative education/experience required.
• Experience in Mental Health preferred.
• Previous experience in group facilitation an asset.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements a program that is holistic, taking into account the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs/interests of the participants.
• Shows a good understanding of the activities program.
• Demonstrates flexibility in implementing the program.
• Provides direct supervision and works alongside participants of the program.
• Provides support and direction in implementing the program in such a way that fully involves the participant.
Complete Job Description available upon request.