Employee Group: MGEU Facility Support
Department/Service/Program: Eden Mental Heath Centre
FTE/Hours of Work: Casual – as needed by management
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: D-095-0201
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
The Cook 1 is responsible for the daily preparation, cooking and delivery of safe, nutritious meals to the patients, staff and visitors of the facility in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
1. Completion of an accredited Cooking program
2. Experience in the food services industry
3. Must have a certificate in a Food Sanitation Course or be willing to attend a Food Sanitation Course in the first (6) months of employmenThe above represent general core qualifications for the position and may vary as necessary to the operations of the dietary services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to the mission, policies and procedures of the department and facility
2. Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to patients, staff and the facility
3. Supervises and directs Food Service staff in the absence of the Cook II or Food Services Manager
4. Prepares all meals as indicated on menus in accordance with safe food handling procedures.
5. Follows standardized recipes as directed
6. Ensures proper portion control and estimates quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements
7. Participates in the orientation and training of new Food Service employees
8. Ensures the sanitary handling of dishes, food, equipment and cleanliness of related work areas.
9. Reports the need for repairs and/or the replacement of equipment to the Cook II or Food Services Manager
*** Complete Job Description available upon request. ***