Employee Group: MGEU Facility Support
Classification: Health Care Aide (Certified); SN2
Start Date: TBD
Department/Service/Program: Eden Mental Health Centre, In-Patient Unit
FTE/Hours of Work: As needed by management
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: A-095-0827
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & HR Manager
Eden Health Care Services
Consistent with the mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, the Psychiatric Nursing Attendant (PNA) attends to the basic, physical care needs of the patient on the unit and observes and reports their observations to the nurse. The PNA also assists the nurse with practical needs on the unit.
Must hold a current Health Care Aide certificate.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Uses a recovery model approach.
2. Obtains patient assignments from shift report and carries out tasks in a manner consistent with individual treatment plan.
3. Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL’s) in a manner that demonstrates respect for the individual’s dignity, and facilitates independence in functioning. E.g. meals, personal hygiene, dressing, elimination, mobility.
4. Observes and reports alterations in the patient’s functional status, behaviours and/or responses to interventions to the patient’s primary/assigned nurse (or delegate).
5. Consults with the primary/assigned nurse regarding appropriate approach and management of care as needed.
6. Maintains flow sheet and observation sheets in accordance with program standards.
**Complete Job Description available upon request **