Employee Group: Non-union
Department/Service/ Program: Segue Career Options Winkler – Eden Health Care Services
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week; schedule TBD
Position: 0.5 FTE – Indefinite Term
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: S-195-0607
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
Under the supervision of the Segue Program Director, the Community Employment Developer helps the JUMP Program Coordinator organize work placements, and monitor and support participants in the work placement. This includes helping clients identify their skills and abilities and match them to suitable jobs available in the labour market, identifying barriers, obstacles and appropriate reasonable accommodations. The Community Employment Developer liaises with employers in the business communities within the Southern Manitoba area and Southern Health-Santé Sud region to market and promote programs and services.
• Grade 12 diploma required
• Post-secondary education or related experience in an employment services field an asset
• Background in sales and/or marketing an asset
• Understanding of individuals experiencing challenges and barriers to employment an asset
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license and use of personal vehicle may be required
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in intake/interview and employment information meetings for participants
• Majority of time being spent with business communities in Southern Manitoba, managing outreach and marketing of JUMP program.
• Liaises with employers, program coordinator and participants in order to arrange meetings and provide work experience placements, job shadowing, informational interviews, volunteer placements and work site visits
• Monitors progress of participants at work placements
Complete Job Description Available Upon Request