Employee Group: Non-Union/Out-of-Scope
Department/Service/ Program: Eden Mental Health Centre (EMHC)
Approved by: Administration
Reports to: CEO, Eden Health Care Services (EHCS)
FTE/Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE; 77.5 hrs. biweekly; Mon.- Fri.
Salary: Competitive Salary Based on Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: EMHC-095-0711
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & HR Manager
Eden Health Care Services
The Eden Mental Health Centre (EMHC) Director is a senior leadership position responsible for the planning, direction, and day to day operations of EMHC. Rooted in the foundation of recovery oriented practice, this position oversees the inpatient unit, outpatient services, and operations of the centre consistent with evidenced based practices and relevant standards, regulations, and legislations. This position directly supervises a number of programs and associated managers including nursing, allied health, health information, dietary, housekeeping, facility maintenance, spiritual care, nurse educator, and infection control. This position is responsible for indirectly supervising over 125 staff, working closely with contract psychiatrists and managing a multi-million-dollar budget. This position reports directly to the CEO of Eden Health Care Services (EHCS) and works with a Board of Directors. The candidate must possess an understanding and affirmation of Anabaptist faith and function in a manner that is consistent with the vision, mission and values of EHCS.
Qualifications, Experience, Required Knowledge:
• Minimum five years’ experience at a management level
• Minimum two years’ experience working in mental health or relevant field
• Bachelor’s degree in a regulated health profession from an accredited university
• Master’s degree or equivalent training would be an asset
• Health care management or leadership certification would be an asset
• Experience in financial management or business administration
• Knowledge in strategic planning, quality improvement, risk management and Accreditation
• Experience in human resource policies and practices and managing in a unionized environment
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders including community and organizational partners
• Ability to establish and foster an interdisciplinary team and collaborative approach to providing care or services
• Knowledge of relevant acts, regulations, legislations, and inquests including Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Protection for Persons in Care, Workplace Safety and Health Act and Emergency Preparedness
• Comprehensive knowledge of current theory, practice, and research in mental health including an understanding of recovery oriented programs and services
• Aware of national and provincial mental health strategies and implications for program development
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job including crisis intervention, irregular work hours and after hour calls.
• Demonstrated good work and attendance record
• Complete and maintain satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
**Complete Job Description Available Upon Request **