Employee Group: Non-union
Department/Service/ Program: Eden Health Care Services – Winkler
FTE/Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE /2080 annual hours/8am-5pm, M-F
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: EHCS-195-0131
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
As part of the Eden Health Care Services finance team, the Financial Analyst is responsible for maintaining current, comprehensive and accurate financial records and providing financial analysis and reporting.
1. Business Administration Diploma with Accounting major from a recognized college
2. A minimum of four to five years’ experience in accounting
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains current, comprehensive, and accurate financial records for EHCS programs.
2. Assumes primary responsibility for the daily operations accounting; for maintaining current, accurate financial records Eden Mental Health Centre and other programs as assigned.
3. Manages and updates the general ledger.
4. Prepares monthly and annual standard, miscellaneous, statistical, allocation, and amortization journal entries.
5. Prepares monthly financial reports for administration and departments.
6. Provides financial analysis and input to administration on budget matters.
7. Completes statistical and financial reports, remittances, and reconciliations as required by Canada Revenue Agency, Manitoba Housing, Workers Compensation Board, Manitoba Health, Statistics Canada, HEB, and Southern Health – Santé Sud.
8. Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
9. Distributes payable invoices for supervisor approval, codes and enters payable invoices, posts batches, prints, files, and maintains posting journals.
10. Prepares cheques, matches cheque stubs to invoices, and files invoices.
11. Responsible for contract employee remuneration processes.
• Records timesheets and submits direct deposit payments through the CAFT system
• Prepares quarterly and annual reports as required by Recovery of Hope and by administration
*** Complete Job Description available upon request. ***