Eden Mental Health Centre
MGEU Facility Support
Classification: CK3 – Cook 1
Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: D-095-0517
The Cook 1 is responsible for the daily preparation, cooking and delivery of safe, nutritious meals to the patients, staff and visitors of the facility in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Completion of an accredited Cooking program
- Experience in the food services industry
- Must have a certificate in a Food Sanitation Course or be willing to attend a Food Sanitation Course in the first (6) months of employmentPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the mission, policies and procedures of the department and facility
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to patients, staff and the facility
- Supervises and directs Food Service staff in the absence of the Cook II or Food Services Manager
- Prepares all meals as indicated on menus in accordance with safe food handling procedures.
- Follows standardized recipes as directed
- Ensures proper portion control and estimates quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements
- Participates in the orientation and training of new Food Service employees
- Ensures the sanitary handling of dishes, food, equipment and cleanliness of related work areas.
- Reports the need for repairs and/or the replacement of equipment to the Cook II or Food Services Manager.
Eden Health Care Services
Box 129 309 Main St. R6W 4A4