Eden Health Care Services
Eden Health Care Services is a faith based health care organization that provides wrap around mental health services in various settings, from hospitalization to housing. Eden Health Care Services is owned by the Mennonite Churches of Manitoba but is part of the provincial mental health system. Eden Health Care Services works in partnership with Southern Health Santé Sud and community agencies to provide recovery oriented programs and services for individuals experiencing mental health concerns and their families.
Eden Health Care Services offers programs and services in the following areas inpatient, outpatient, community mental health, employment, counselling, and housing. These services are delivered throughout Southern Manitoba and Winnipeg, to a population of 200,000 and the fastest growing region in the Province of Manitoba. For more information please contact Eden Health Care Services administrative office during business hours at 204-325-5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision, Mission, Values
That people on the mental health journey experience hope, healing and community.
To respond to the community by providing integrated services and supports that will empower persons with mental health needs.
Based on the foundation of our faith and the dignity inherent in each person, we strive to express the following values in all services and relationships.
- Hope - We foster hope and a sense of well-being in those we serve.
- Integrity - We commit to being trustworthy in all relationships.
- Excellence - We seek to provide services in keeping with identified leading practices.
- Compassion - We strive to relate to each person in a caring manner in the spirit of Christ.
- Respect - We acknowledge the dignity and worth of all persons.
- Acceptance - We create an environment that is free of discrimination and prejudice.
- Recovery- Persons on the mental health journey are moving towards recovery
- Responsive- A continuum of mental health recovery programs that are responsive to community needs
- Sustainable Programs- Sufficient financial resources and moral support
- Engaged Workforce- Satisfied, qualified staff with effective tools and resources delivering evidence-informed practices in safe work environments
- Quality and Patient Safety- Pursue excellence by focusing on quality and safety
- Ownership Groups- Maintain / strengthen relationship with ownership groups
What is a Faith-Based Organization?
In the Province of Manitoba, a faith-based healthcare facility is a publicly funded facility which is owned and sponsored by a faith community. As a publicly funded facility, we have an obligation to provide health care which meets or exceeds government and professional standards. As a facility which is sponsored by the Mennonite community, we have an obligation to provide care in a manner that is consistent with and expressive of Mennonite values and ethics. This means our programs and services are available to everyone regardless of culture, practices, or beliefs and we may establish policies, set goals and evaluate programs in light of a particular set of values which is deeply rooted in our Christian faith and Mennonite heritage. In all that we do, we strive to follow the example of Christ who healed the sick, comforted the sorrowful and welcomed the outcast. The Eden organization was founded by the Mennonite Churches of Manitoba in the mid 1960’s as an expression of Christ’s love and compassion to all of God’s children. Over time, other faith communities have joined the organization, strengthening the expression of Christian love in the area of mental health.
Eden Health Care Services (EHCS) is a faith-based organization whose vision is that people on the mental health journey experience hope, healing and community. Discrimination is contrary to our mission and our values, so we do not and shall not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status or military status in any of its activities, operations or the delivery of services. Any person who comes to EHCS will receive assistance based solely on their need and our capacity to help. We uphold the dignity of all people, believing all are equal in the eyes of God, and firmly oppose the mistreatment of any person.