Segue Career Options – Eden Health Care Services
0.5FTE Contract Position (funding secured until March 31, 2019; Continued funding to extend the position will depend on success of the program.)
20 hours per week; schedule TBD
Closing Date: May 22, 2018
Job Posting Number: S-195-0514a
Under the supervision of the Segue Program Director, the Community Employment Developer helps the JUMP Program Coordinator organize work placements, and monitor and support participants in the work placement. This includes helping clients identify their skills and abilities and match them to suitable jobs available in the labour market, identifying barriers, obstacles and appropriate reasonable accommodations. The Community Employment Developer liaises with employers in the business communities within the Southern Manitoba area and Southern Health-Santé Sud region to market and promote programs and services.
• Grade 12 diploma required
• Post-secondary education or related experience in an employment services field an asset
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving record (use of personal vehicle may be required)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in intake/interview and employment information meetings for participants
• Majority of time being spent with business communities in Southern Manitoba, managing outreach and marketing of JUMP program.
• Liaises with employers, program coordinator and participants in order to arrange meetings and provide work experience placements, job shadowing, informational interviews, volunteer placements and work site visits
• Monitors progress of participants at work placements
Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator