Eden Mental Health Centre
MGEU Facility Support
0.5FTE Part Time Indefinite Term
Start Date: Immediately
Open Until Filled
Job Posting Number: H-095-0601
Consistent with the vision, mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, Housekeeping aide performs cleaning functions as assigned in order to provide safe and sanitary conditions for all clients and maintain a clean and attractive environment.
Related experience preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction
- Knowledge of basic housekeeping techniques, laundry techniques, infection control techniques, fire prevention and safety precautions
- Familiarity with requirements of WHMIS as they apply to the chemical products used at the Centre
- Familiarity with use of housekeeping equipment; e.g. Vacuum cleaner, floor machines, washers and dryers, etc.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, visitors and patients
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to meet the mental and strenuous physical demands of the position. May be required to work extra hours in emergencies. Must be able to work flexible hours, including scheduled weekends.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans all areas in Eden Mental Health Centre, Evergreen Offices and Pathways, as scheduled and in emergency situations. This includes but is not limited to floors, walls, ceilings, windows, drapes, bathrooms, furniture, and related equipment
- Replenishes disposables as needed. (E.g. paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Collects and removes garbage to designated area for disposal
Jordan Fehr – firstname.lastname@example.org