Housing & Supports
Eden Housing and Support Services is committed to assisting families and individuals achieve optimal quality of life within the community of their choice. The purpose of the various programs is to assist each individual to take the next step in her or his individual recovery journey. This is accomplished by providing safe, affordable and good quality housing along with appropriate support services.
We provide rent subsidized housing, residential care, psychosocial rehabilitation, and integrated community supports with a Christian emphasis in all our endeavors.
For more information about services available in Winkler and area, call (204) 325-9384.
For more information about services available in Steinbach and area, call (204) 320-6033.
For more information about services in Winnipeg, call (204) 325-0946.
- The opportunity to develop and build social skills.
- The opportunity to participate in recreational activities.
- The opportunity to develop skills for independent living.
- The opportunity to learn skills for leadership, empowerment and advocacy.
- The Positive Living Drop-In is open Monday to Friday (except Thursday), 10am – 4 pm. Folks are welcome to stop in for a coffee (free of charge) and a visit, gain support, or participate in program activities.
- The Positive Living Drop-In takes place Thursday afternoons at the Youth for Christ BackStage, 220 Lumber Avenue in Steinbach, 1:30 – 3:30pm. This is a great place to meet friends and have fun (play pool, card games, living-room time, birthday celebrations, etc.).
- Positive Living Program activities take place most afternoons
- Cooking Group, Tuesdays, starting at 1:30pm.
- Craft Group of Friday Movie, Fridays, starting at 1:30.
- The Positive Living Calendar is published each month and lists the various activities taking place. It is available upon request.
- Provide subsidised, supported housing to individuals with psychosocial and/or physical needs in co-operation with Manitoba Family Services and Housing.
- To maintain an optimal balance in each apartment block between those requiring mental health services and those with other housing support needs Application Process.
- Provide a safe place of residence in which to learn.
- Develop a rehabilitation plan based on resident choice and needs.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing resource base, including community placements, service agencies, vocational opportunities and other community resources.
- Link residents with the appropriate services and resources. Teach independent living skills.
- Generally raise the awareness and skill level of those participating.
- Work in co-operation with doctors, community mental health workers, and others as part of a rehabilitation team. The intended result is to help individuals dealing with psychiatric disabilities to achieve their defined goals with hopes that the quality of their life will be improved. Further, that the services provided always move the individual toward more natural forms of support in the community.
Eden Residential Care Services facilities and programs are committed to assisting persons requiring psychosocial rehabilitation achieve optimal quality of life within the community of their choice.
We provide rehabilitation, residential care, and integrated community supports with a Christian emphasis in all our endeavours.
For more information, contact: lindenplace [at] edenhealthcare [dot] ca or call 204-325-9384
The Positive Living Program (PLP) is located at 21 Loewen Blvd in Steinbach. The PLP is a community-based, recovery focused program for persons living in the community with the experience of mental illness. The goal of the PLP is to assist adults with mental illness in making positive steps along their personal journey of recovery. The purposes of the program include providing:
If you would like to learn more about the Positive Living Program, or would like to participate in program activities, please contact us. Everyone is welcome.
Ann Thompson-Courchane, PLP Coordinator (204)392-5670 ann @ edenhealthcare.ca
Enns Court Supported Housing Apartments exist to provide good quality, safe and affordable housing for individuals and families with special needs including those with psychosocial needs.
Who We Serve
The primary mandate is to serve those with ongoing mental health needs. At the same time, applications are accepted from others who require affordable housing. Wheelchair accessible suites are available in one, two and three bedroom apartments.
Purpose and Objectives
A committee of three individuals screens applications. All applicants must meet the criteria established by Manitoba Family Services and Housing. Efforts are made to keep a balanced population in each apartment, taking into consideration the specific needs as well as strengths of each applicant.
The Linden Place program seeks to provide a supportive Christian environment in which residents develop the skills and confidence necessary to achieve the goals they have set for themselves.
Who We Serve
The program works with individuals who are affected by mental illness.
Linden Place is a community residence established in the Town of Winkler, under the auspices of Eden Health Care Services. The program offers eight persons a fully supervised psychosocial rehabilitation program. The purpose is to assist individuals make the transition into the community of their choice through skills training and the fostering of a network of support.
Admission to Program
Potential clients are required to complete an application form and obtain a referral from a clinician. Discharge from the program happens when the resident shows readiness for greater independence. Linden Place staff takes responsibility for arranging follow-up services for persons leaving the program.
Philosophy of Eden East Housing & Supports
The mission of Eden East Housing and Supports is to provide good quality, safe and affordable housing for individuals or families with psycho-social needs in the South Eastman community. Our objective, in collaboration with Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation, is to provide rent subsidized, supported housing to those in the community with minimal income. We work toward fostering a vibrant sense of community in each or our housing complexes.
With strong support form the community, Penfeld Court opened its doors in 2006, providing 16 one-bedroom suites and 8 two-bedroom suites. The building is bright and beautiful, and all the suites are wheelchair accessible. Fourteen of the suites are rent subsidized whereby the tenant pays a portion of the rent based on income, and Manitoba Housing pays the balance. The remaining 10 suites are designated as low-income housing for individuals and families with an income below a certain threshold. Penfeld Court is located at 51 Penfeld Drive in Steinbach.
If you are interested in living at Penfeld Court, please complete the application form and return to Eden East, 21 Loewen Blvd., Steinbach, Manitoba R5G 0L4. If you’d like further information, call the Eden East office at (204)326-5437.
Because there is a high demand for this housing, the Housing Intake Committee reviews all applications when vacancies arise, and makes decisions based on urgency and need.
Philosophy of Eden East Housing
The mission of Eden East Housing and Supports is to prove good quality, safe and affordable housing for individuals or families with psycho-social needs in the South Eastman Community. Our objective, in collaboration with Manitoba Housing and Renewal corporation, is to provide subsidized, supported housing to those in the community with minimal income. We work toward fostering a vibrant sense of community in each of our housing complexes.
Wilson Courts, East and West, consists of two buildings at the corner of Wilson and Kroeker in Steinbach. Each building consists of eight bachelor suites, and four one-bedroom suites. Every suite has a hallway entrance as well as an entrance from the outside. Many or he tenants enjoy gardening during the spring and summer months at various plots on the property. All the suites at Wilson Courts are rent subsidized whereby the tenant pays a portion of the rent based on income, and Manitoba Housing pays the balance.
If you are interested in living at Wilson Courts, please complete the application form and return to Eden East, 21 Loewen Blvd., Steinbach, Manitoba R5G 0L4. If you would like further information, call the Eden East office at (204)326-5437.
Because there is a high demand for this housing, the Housing Intake Committee reviews applications when vacancies arise and makes decisions based on urgency and need.
Residential Care is an Adult Foster Home program whereby approved homes have one to three individuals living under their care. Working in cooperation with the Community Mental Health Program, Home Operators are responsible to facilitate the recovery process with the individuals in their charge. The purpose of this program is to provide safe, affordable housing to those who are at the time unable to live independently. Through the experience of Residential Care, some individuals choose to enter into a more focused transitional housing program; such as Linden Place in Winkler, and eventually go on to live independently in the community.
All individual living in Residential Care Homes are referred by a Community Mental Health Worker and receive ongoing support from the Community Mental Health Program.
If you know someone who you feel could benefit from Residential Care Services, please call for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Residential Care Home Operator and opening your home to individuals who are living with a mental illness, please call for more information.
In Winkler and area, call (204)325-9384
In Steinbach and area, call (204)326-5437
Concordia Village IV is an integrated affordable rental housing project managed by Eden Health Care Services. All suites are either median market rents or rent geared to income. Tenant selection is managed through a screening committee comprised of management and community representatives. The apartment community is designed to support individuals and families in need of safe, affordable housing. Some suites provide full mobility access and all suites are built to visitable standards. The integrated philosophy encourages positive community building as a primary objective of both property management and the tenant population. Some residents in the new building will be clients of EHCS and will be receiving supportive services designed to assist with the activities of independent living. Click here a copy of an application form for tenancy.