1.0 FTE Term
Pathways Community Mental Health Program – Eden Health Care Services, Winkler
Start: As soon as possible
End: March 31, 2021 (possible opportunity for extension to reduced FTE and/or casual)
Employee Group: CUPE
7.25 hrs/day, Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Position Summary: Reporting to the Administrative Team Lead & Regional Director – Mental Health & Spiritual Care, the Administrative Assistant for the Pathways Office is responsible for the provision of confidential, complex clerical, secretarial and administrative support of programs and staff located within the Pathways office. The incumbent is responsible for reception, organizing and maintaining work processes and records, as well as data management, preparing correspondence, reports and other documents, scheduling, coordinating meetings and other special events, transcription and presentations while managing the Pathways office managers’ schedule. The incumbent regularly communicates with Community Mental Health and ICM program staff to ensure consistency of administrative support services and other documentation. The incumbent will have strong organizational skills and be able to work well with time constraints and deadlines. The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and policies of Eden Health Care Services and Southern Health‐Santé Sud, where applicable.
• Education/Certification: Graduate of a recognized Administrative Assistant Program or equivalent experience
• Experience: Minimum two (2) years previous experience in a health care office environment
• Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook
o Knowledge of legislation pertinent to mental health and community services
o Proficient in the usage of general office equipment
o Knowledge of medical/psychiatric terminology
o Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and as part of a team
o Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written
o Demonstrated ability to take initiative and recognize the Pathways office managers needs
o Demonstrates thorough knowledge of general office practices
o Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
o Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset
o Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
o Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
o Good work and attendance record
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with the Vulnerable Sector Check)
• Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
• Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current Vehicle Registration, indicating 3rd Party Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 or more
Principal Duties and Responsibilities in the Absence of the Full-time Incumbent:
• Provides a welcoming presence for the public.
• Answers calls, distributes correspondence and greets the public.
• Provides routine information to staff and the public and redirects to appropriate resource as required.
• Provides administrative support to the respective site(s), program or portfolio manager and other mental health managers and consultants as required.
• Manages Outlook calendars, arranges meetings and appointments including cancellations, and coordinates bookings for internal/external facility space and catering as required.
• Retrieves, sorts and distributes mail, as appropriate.
• Utilizes Microsoft Office products to create / format / maintain various documents including correspondence, forms, reports, tables, graphs and statistical records.
• Schedules internal and external psychiatric appointments.
• Orders and maintains any necessary office supplies.
• Arranges and coordinates maintenance of facility, warranty and service records as required.
• Processes invoices requiring payment and submits to accounts payable, including petty cash reimbursement claims & employee expense claims.
• Provides payroll and scheduling support for Community Mental Health Programs, including coordination and posting of schedules and shift replacements; processing timesheets for approval and submission and managing request for leaves, education requests, sick leaves, and expense claims.
• Provides administrative coverage and other supports for other administrative positions within the regional mental health program and is a resource for operational activities as required.
• Demonstrates professional courtesy, respect and positive attitudes to enhance and maintain relationships with all colleagues and outside agencies including adherence to lines of communication.
• Is creative and flexible.
• Demonstrates adaptability and a positive attitude toward change.
• Exhibits honesty, integrity and personal ethics.
• Contributes to making the organization safe for patients, residents, clients and staff, and recognizes the importance of reporting unsafe situations and participating in follow up reviews as a learning opportunity.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: • Must be physically capable of carrying out the duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A. Supervision Received: Pathways Office Manager, Administrative Team Lead & Regional Director – Mental Health & Spiritual Care
B. Supervision Exercised: None
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
Payroll and Human Resources Manager