Part Time 0.5 FTE Maternity Leave Term
Program: Segue Career Options
Start Date: ASAP
Job Posting Number: S-195-0213
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Segue Program Director, the Employment Facilitator helps the STEP Program Coordinator. The Employment Facilitator will assist with client intake interviews, organizes work placements, monitors, and supports participants in the work placement. This includes helping clients identify their skills and abilities and match them to suitable jobs available in the labour market, identifying barriers, obstacles and appropriate reasonable accommodations. The Employment Facilitator liaises with employers in the business communities within Steinbach and the Eastman region to market and promote the program and services.
o Grade 12 diploma required
o Relevant post-secondary education an asset
o Related experience in an employment services field an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Knowledge of local community, businesses and employers
o Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
o Computer proficiency (MS Office)
o Networking skills
o Knowledge of various employment barriers, e.g. addiction, motivation, etc. o Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with the Vulnerable Sector Check)
• Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
• Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current Vehicle Registration, indicating 3rd Party Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 or more.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in intake/interview and employment information meetings for participants.
• Manages outreach and marketing of STEP program to the business community.
• Liaises with employers, program coordinator and participants in order to arrange. meetings and provide work experience placements, job shadowing, informational interviews, volunteer placements and work site visits.
• Monitors progress of participants at work placements. •
Carry out Health & Safety assessments of work placement settings; be aware of potential issues within the workplace environment for participants.
• Mediates and problem solves with employers and participants to deal effectively with issues/concerns that arise; provide supports as needed.
• Ensures compliance with completing and maintaining participant and employer forms and required program administration duties, i.e. contact logs, job lists, employer database.
• Abide by confidentiality legislation in managing client files (PHIA; PIPEDA; FIPPA).
• Occasional job coaching.
• Ensures constant community engagement with program.