Eden Mental Health Centre
Union Group: CUPE
Classification: Health Care Aide (Certified)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Winkler, MB
Job Posting Number: A-095-0218
Position Summary: Consistent with the mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, the Psychiatric Nursing Attendant (PNA) attends to the basic, physical care needs of the patient on the unit and observes and reports their observations to the nurse. The PNA also assists the nurse with practical needs on the unit.
Qualifications: Must hold a current Health Care Aide certificate.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses a recovery model approach.
• Obtains patient assignments from shift report and carries out tasks in a manner consistent with individual treatment plan.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL’s) in a manner that demonstrates respect for the individual’s dignity, and facilitates independence in functioning. E.g. meals, personal hygiene, dressing, elimination, mobility.
• Observes and reports alterations in the patient’s functional status, behaviours and/or responses to interventions to the patient’s primary/assigned nurse (or delegate).
• Consults with the primary/assigned nurse regarding appropriate approach and management of care as needed.
• Maintains flow sheet and observation sheets in accordance with program standards.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Apply To: Jordan Fehr Payroll and HR Manager
Eden Health Care Services firstname.lastname@example.org