Community Mental Health Worker
Location – Pathways Community Mental Health, Winkler
Adult Program – Eden Mental Health Centre
Start: February 1, 2022
Part Time 0.5 FTE Permanent
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
Job Posting: P-095-1123a
The Community Mental Health Worker provides psychosocial assessment, consultation and evidence-informed counselling intervention and psychosocial rehabilitation to individuals referred to the mental health program for mental health related problems. This position provides a welcoming point of entry for clients and referral sources and promotes therapeutic relationships through the service engagement process. Services are based on the principles of recovery, empowerment, self-determination and responsibility and are part of a continuum of mental health services.
• Graduate of an accredited post-secondary education in Health Related Social Sciences (e.g. BSW, BScMH, BScPN, BN, RPN, OT). Other relevant educational qualifications and experience may be considered.
• Active license and registration to practice as required by professional association and provincial legislation.
• Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST).
• Minimum of 2 years supervised counselling experience
• Experience in providing mental health services for adults or children and adolescents or adults with serious mental illnesses, or senior’s mental health
• Experience in completing psychosocial assessments and mental status examinations
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager