Community Mental Health – Adult Program
1.0 FTE Indefinite Term
Employee Group: MAHCP
Location: Pathways Office, Winkler
Start: September 2023 or as mutually agreed upon
Closing Date: Open Unti Filled
Job Posting Number: P-095-0901
The Community Mental Health Worker provides psychosocial assessment, consultation and evidence-informed counselling intervention and psychosocial rehabilitation to individuals referred to the mental health program for mental health related problems. This position provides a welcoming point of entry for clients and referral sources and promotes therapeutic relationships through the service engagement process. Services are based on the principles of recovery, empowerment, self-determination and responsibility and are part of a continuum of mental health services.
• Graduate of an accredited post-secondary education in Health-Related Social Sciences (e.g. BSW, BScMH, BScPN, BN, RPN, OT). Other relevant educational qualifications and experience may be considered.
• Active license and registration to practice as required by professional association and provincial legislation.
• Certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST).
• Minimum of 2 years supervised counselling experience
• Experience in providing mental health services for adults or children and adolescents or adults with serious mental illnesses, or senior’s mental health
• Experience in completing psychosocial assessments and mental status examinations
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: