Location: Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler MB
Classification: Management, Non-Union
Reports To: CEO Eden Health Care Services
Hours of Work: 77.5 Bi-Weekly/2015 Annually, Monday – Friday
Salary Range: $89,216 – $111,522
Posting Closing Date: June 12, 2020
The Eden Mental Health Centre Director is responsible for the planning, direction, and day to day operations of Eden Mental Health Centre. Rooted in the foundation of recovery-oriented practice, this position oversees the 25 bed inpatient unit, outpatient services, and operations of the centre consistent with evidenced based practices and relevant standards, regulations, and legislations. This position directly supervises a number of programs and associated managers including the Inpatient Unit, Allied Health, Health Information Services, Support Services, Spiritual Care, and Staff Educator (including Infection Control). This position is responsible for indirectly supervising over 100 staff, working closely with contract psychiatrists and managing a multi-million dollar budget.
Eden Health Care Services is a faith based mental health organization. The Eden Mental Health Centre Program Director promotes and models the vision, mission and values of Eden Health Care Services. This position reports to the CEO of Eden Health Care Services and also works with a Board of Directors.
We are looking for an individual living or willing to relocate to Southern Manitoba. If the successful candidate does not reside in Southern Manitoba, the position would be a one year term with opportunity for extension.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a regulated health profession from an Accredited university (e.g. Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, among others).
- Masters Degree would be an asset.
- Healthcare management or leadership certification would be an asset.
- Minimum two years experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Minimum two years experience working with individuals with mental health concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the delivery of recovery-oriented practice and client centred care.
- Experience with financial management and budgeting.
- Knowledge of relevant acts, collective agreements, regulations, legislations, and inquests including Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Protection for Persons in Care, Workplace Safety and Health Act and Emergency Preparedness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current theory, best practice, and research in mental health including an understanding of recovery oriented programs and services.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, team building, crisis management and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to working with the CEO’s office, shared leadership and in cross-functional teams in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Experience hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising staff in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of management skills, i.e. program development, program evaluation, human resource management, and basic fiscal operations.
- A commitment to creating a culture of client service delivery in a continuous improvement and learning environment.
- Possess excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function within a computerized environment required.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job including crisis intervention, irregular work hours and responding to after hour calls (on a rotating basis).
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with the Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle Registration, indicating Third Party Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 or more.
Payroll and Human Resource Manager
Eden Health Care Services