0.5 FTE with potential for hours to increase – 20 hours/week
Segue Career Options – Eden East Mental Wellness Centre
Job Posting Number: S-195-0610
Open Until Filled
The Employment Skills Developer is responsible for coordinating one-on-one employment readiness sessions with clients. They help develop and carry out client’s vocational plans, and network with local businesses and find work experience placements that suit participant interest and skills. The Employment Skills Developer utilizes a series of assessment instruments to measure a client’s academic performance, learning capabilities, skills, and interests.
o Grade 12 diploma required
o Post-secondary education or related experience in an employment services field an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Knowledge of employment challenges and barriers such as mental health, learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities is preferred
o Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
o Computer proficiency
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs client intake interviews and process intake forms
• Develops and implements workshop material for one-on-one employment training sessions
• Reviews and prepares cover letters and resumes with clients for target jobs
• Liaison to business community to establish relationships for participant placements
• Conducts comprehensive vocational assessments for some participants as needed; analyzes data and generates reports to produce a vocational plan for client
• Completes program administration duties and forms
• Case management of participant forms
• Abides by confidentiality legislation in managing client files (PHIA; PIPEDA; FIPPA)
** Complete job description available upon request**
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager