The IronMan Golf event is something just a bit different from any other tournament you might have played in. This is a 72 hole event, all completed in one day. This is the 18th year for the event and we continue to refine it as we go along. This is a fund-raising event and it’s also a fun event. You are invited to register HERE or you can also click that same link if you’re sponsoring a golfer. Let’s play some golf together on Monday, June 18th at Winkler Centennial Golf Course.
We’ll start with breakfast at 7:30 a.m. and at 5 p.m. we’ll have supper together. In between, we’ll feed and water all day long. If you loose a few golf balls, we’ll get some more for you. You’ll also have the whole course to yourself. You’ll also find more information in the Golfer’s Information Manual available HERE.
There are very nice prizes to be won, like a $10,000 home renovation package as our hole-in-one prize but we hope you’ll come play with us because you like the game and you’re willing to raise some money in support of the programs of Eden Health Care Services.
We hope that you can help us raise $20,000 which is going to go a very long way in helping us cover some of the expenses that we as an organization spend that are not covered by our relationship with the government. Eden Foundation recently committed itself to help a number of projects including:
- the renovation of six suites at Enns Courts in Winkler
- new evaluation software and training for Segue Career Options serving both Winkler and Steinbach
- mental health promotions project in Morden
- create a Wellness Library of resources in Eden Mental Health Centre, to augment the resources available through the Steinbach office
- create a gathering space with solid park benches at Concordia Village IV in Winnipeg
- improve the furnishings in the Interview Room at Eden Mental Health Centre
- engage a professional to examine our services for the purposes of insuring they continue to appropriately serve the community
- create a pre-school playground area at Enns Courts in Winkler
It’s because of the generosity of the community that projects like this can become a reality. The points above are the reasons “Why” and will make a big difference as you let people know what you’re doing and that you’d like their partnership in your effort. There are some very helpful tips available in the Golfer’s Information Manual.