Employee Group: Management
Start Date (End Date, if applicable): To be determined – 1 Year Term
Department/Service/Program: Eden Residential Care Services – Winkler, Winnipeg, Steinbach
FTE/Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE Monday – Friday 7.75 hrs/day, Maternity Leave Term
Closing Date: May 29, 2020
Job Posting Number: ER-195-0511
The Housing & Supports Program Director is responsible for the operations of the Housing & Supports program for individuals with mental illness and others that could benefit from affordable housing. The Program Director’s role includes leadership, planning, organizing, program development, communication, resource management (fiscal and human), policy development, staff and client safety, and advancement of knowledge and continuous quality improvement; all in keeping with relevant programmatic evidence informed practices, professional standards, and professional codes of ethics.
The Housing & Supports Program Director requires a high level of initiative and independent judgement in determining work, priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the vision, mission and values of Eden Health Care Services and Southern Health-Santé Sud. The Housing & Supports Program Director directly supervises eight staff, six housing complexes throughout Southern Manitoba and Winnipeg, and numerous support programs. This position reports to the CEO of Eden Health Care Services and also works directly with the Housing & Supports Program Board.
Qualifications, Experience, Required Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in a regulated health profession from an accredited university (e.g. social work, occupational therapy, nursing, dietitian, psychology, among others). Registered and in good standing with the professional college.
- Minimum of two years of experience in mental health.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Health care management or leadership certification would be considered an asset.
- Aware of national and provincial mental health strategies.
- Knowledge of current mental health trends, theories and evidence informed practices.
- Knowledge of recovery oriented programs and services.
- Experience with financial management.
- Experience with quality improvement, risk management and patient safety.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, legislations, acts, and codes.
- High level of performance and above average attendance record.
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Valid class five driver’s license, all-purpose insured vehicle, and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 and willing to travel to various sites throughout Southern Manitoba and Winnipeg.
- Complete and maintain satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Payroll and Human Resource Manager
Eden Health Care Services