1.0 FTE Permanent
Concordia Village IV, Winnipeg
Start Date: November 2023
Under the supervision of the Housing and Supports Manager, the Housing Support Worker assists in carrying out housing support plans which would include assisting with development of life skills (cooking, cleaning, budgeting, etc.), developing and maintaining support networks, and engaging in crisis intervention. The Housing Support Worker will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, other related disciplines, and/or equivalent experience required
- Experience in mental health preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of mental illnesses/mental health issues and recovery an asset.
- Experience in facilitating group learning and leisure activities an asset.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing supportive, trusting relationships.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with the Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle Registration, indicating 3rd Party Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 or more
** Complete job description available upon request**
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to: