Eden Residential Care Services
Concordia Village, IV & Riverwood – Winnipeg
1.0 FTE Term
End Date: Febr5uary 2024 with possibility for extension
Closing Date: September 12, 2023
Job Posting Number: CV-195-0829
Under the supervision of the Housing and Supports Manager, the Housing Support Worker provides recovery-oriented services at two locations (Riverwood House – Addictions Recovery Program and Concordia Village IV – Mental Health Integrated Supportive Housing Program). A willingness to work between sites is required.
At Riverwood House, the Housing Support Worker works with participants on developing life skills (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.) and provides 1:1 support to program participants. The HSW will complete regular room checks, develop grocery lists, and lead community meals throughout the week. The HSW will work in collaboration with the Riverwood House Navigators and Director to assist the participant to achieve their recovery goals.
At Concordia Village IV, the HSW works directly with 16 supportive housing participants. The day-to-day tasks involve life skill building (budgeting, cooking, cleaning, etc.) on an individual and/or group basis. The position also involves assisting participants with maintaining formal and informal support networks. The HSW will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Addictions and Community Service, Mental Health Certificate, Social Service Worker or other related disciplines, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in mental health and/or addictions preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to take initiative and work independently without supervisor on site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and build effective relationships with colleagues on multiple teams.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity.
- Interest and eagerness to be engaged in a culture of learning.
** Complete job description available upon request**
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Human Resources @ email@example.com