Linden Place Residential Program (Winkler)
Linden Place is a transitional group home program located in the community of Winkler, Manitoba with the capacity for up to eight residents. The program focuses on psychosocial rehabilitation, building life skills, and fostering positive relationships. The program provides a structured and supportive environment that is strength-based and emphasizes every individual’s capacity for learning and growth.
Staff are onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work with the residents to identify and reach their recovery goals. Residents can expect to work independently and in groups. The environment provides a safe place in which independent living skills, social skills and pre-employment skills can be practiced, and developed.
Goals of the Linden Place Program:
- Establish and empower residents to meet individual recovery goals
- Connect residents with the necessary resources that will help support achieving their identified goals
- Provide a setting where independent living skills can be practiced and developed
- Assist residents in selecting, securing, and sustaining a future living environment in the community of their choice
- Adult (18 years of age and older)
- Diagnosis of a chronic mental illness
- Recent psychiatric assessment (within 3 months). Other supporting documents will be considered, i.e., Discharge Summary, Occupational Therapist Report/Assessment, Letter of support from current support person (Community Mental Health, Social Worker, etc.
- Demonstrated need for extra support in achieving independent community living and management of mental illness
- Interest and desire to be involved in developing skills for independent living
- Willingness to participate in group programming and personal goal development
We are interested in working in partnership with referral sources. We are looking to include a face-to-face meeting with the Housing Manager as part of the intake process. This will serve to answer any questions the applicant, support, or manager have as well as an opportunity to see the home. In the interest of the applicant, we will work with the referral source/support person, and the applicant to create a transition plan. Part of this plan will include an outline of support from the referral source in the event that the individual is unable to live successfully at Linden Place, this plan will be effective for 6 weeks after move in.
Linden Place Intake Application
Linden Place Clinical Referral Form
- Submit application by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 204.480.7114
- You will receive confirmation of your complete application submission within 7 business days. Following this an intake interview and tour will be arranged by our Housing Manager. (Disclaimer: intake interviews and tours may take 5-6 weeks to arrange)
- Once the application and intake process has been completed, each applicant will be reviewed by our Selection Committee for final decisions. Once an applicant has been accepted, the Housing Manager will connect for next steps.
- Linden Place does not maintain a waitlist. At the time of application, you will be informed if the program is full. If it is full, we will not continue with the application process at that time, and the individual will need to follow up.
- Applications that are incomplete will remain on file for 6 months while waiting for completion. After 6 months, they will be removed.