Linden Place Residential Program (Winkler)
Linden Place is a transitional group home program located in the community of Winkler, Manitoba with the capacity for up to eight residents. The program focuses on psychosocial rehabilitation, building life skills, and fostering positive relationships. The program provides a structured and supportive environment that is strength-based and emphasizes every individual’s capacity for learning and growth.
Staff are onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and work with the residents to identify and reach their recovery goals. Residents can expect to work independently and in groups. The environment provides a safe place in which independent living skills, social skills and pre-employment skills can be practiced, and developed.
Goals of the Linden Place Program:
- Establish and empower residents in attaining recovery goals
- Connect residents with the necessary resources that can assist in the achievement of identified goals
- Provide a setting where independent living skills can be practiced and developed
- Assist residents in selecting, securing, and sustaining a future living environment in the community of their choice
- Adult (18 years of age and older)
- Diagnosis of a chronic mental illness
- Recent psychiatric assessment in the past three months
- Demonstrated need for extra support in achieving independent community living and management of mental illness
- Interest and desire to be involved in developing skills for independent living
- Willingness to participate in group programming and personal goal development