Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler
0.6 FTE Permanent
Employee Group: MAHCP
Classification: Social Worker (BSW)
Job Posting Number: SW-095-0831
Consistent with the mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, the Inpatient Social Worker position is two-fold as part of a multidisciplinary team:
• Provides services to inpatients related to external, out-of-hospital needs in the area of social work.
• Provide leadership for planning and implementing therapeutic groups for inpatients.
Recovery Model Philosophy:
EMHC supports recovery principles in our treatment of patients in our care. We believe in using the Recovery Model philosophy as we serve and assist the people in our care.
• Degree in Social Work and hold a current Social Work license/registration with Manitoba College of Social Workers.
• Work in mental health setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Has demonstrated skills in therapeutic interventions – individual, family and group.
• Has a working knowledge of clinical syndromes (including DSM-IV), with an appreciation for each discipline’s potential contribution and perspective in common treatment issues.
• Has a working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, including confidentiality requirements and other relevant legislation (PPCO, Vulnerable Persons Act, Public Trustee); willingness to learn and follow the Centre and department policies and procedures.
• Familiar with the network of community agencies and resources available to patients; familiar with provincial agencies and services related to mental health.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: