Eden Residential Care Services
Location: Steinbach, MB
0.5 FTE Monday – Friday; 20 hours/week. Available for emergencies on evenings and weekends.
Start: June 2022
Pay Scale: $16.019 – $19.668 per hour
This position is responsible for general building maintenance at Wilson Courts, Penfeld Court, and the Eden East Mental Wellness Centre, including resolving general, minor maintenance issues, specifically minor plumbing and electrical repairs, grounds maintenance, and general housekeeping items.
o Post-Secondary education related to property management and/or construction/building maintenance an asset
o Experience in general building repair and grounds upkeep required
o Experience working with mental health/vulnerable persons an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Knowledge of Manitoba Residential Tenancy Act and Guidelines an asset
o Computer skills (MS Office) is an asset
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Excellent problem-solving skills
o Excellent organizational skills
o Ability to identify and accomplish work efficiently and independently
o Ability to protect confidential matters (Training on PHIA will be provided)
Other Requirements and Conditions of Employment:
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (with the Vulnerable Sector Check)
• Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
• Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current Vehicle Registration, indicating 3rd Party Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 or more
• Access to a pickup truck for transportation of equipment on an intermittent basis is an asset
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Minor plumbing, electrical, and general repairs/maintenance
• Maintain Wilson Courts & Penfeld Court grounds including lawn care, snow removal etc.
• Complete bi-annual apartment inspections for maintenance and repair issues with Tenant Relations Coordinator
• Complete reports as required
• Provides oversite to work being completed by external contractors
• Responsible for following all safe work procedures when completing tasks
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be physically capable of carrying out the duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Provide on-call service – outside of working hours (evenings, weekends, holidays) – to tenants for emergency maintenance issues.
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Resume to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager