Full Time, Permanent
8 hours, Monday – Friday 0900-1730
Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler
Employee Group: CUPE
Classification: Maintenance I
Job Posting Number: M-095-0627
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for monitoring building and medical related systems and equipment. In addition, the incumbent also responds to demand work orders and performs preventative maintenance on facility related equipment.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgement in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values, and the policies of the Eden Mental Health Centre.
o Grade 12 diploma required
o Current “Class 5” or higher Power Engineer certificate an asset
o Two (2) years recent experience working in a maintenance position.
o Previous experience working with electrical, carpentry, plumbing, heating, or air-conditioning.
o Other suitable combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
o Demonstrated ability to take initiative
o Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
o Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
o Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
o Demonstrated ability to display independent judgement where appropriate.
o Demonstrated ability to respect a culturally diverse population.
o Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
o Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional working relationships.
o Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently.
o Demonstrated ability to perform appropriate calculations as required.
o Given the cultural diversity of our organization, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
o Demonstrated ability to meet physical and mental demands of the job.
o Good work and attendance record.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains all machinery, equipment, and furnishings.
• Carries out the preventative maintenance program on all mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Ensures an adequate supply of medical gas is always available at the facility.
• Responds to work orders and updates the electronic maintenance management system (HIPPO) throughout the repair process.
• Carries out or assists with major and/or minor building renovations including carpentry, electrical, and plumbing work.
• Completes monthly inspections on fire and/or other safety equipment and records results.
• Assists with the clearing of all exits, driveways, parking areas, and entrances, to ensure they are free of ice, snow, and debris.
• Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Inspects all appliances, instruments, and installations to ensure proper grounding as required by C.S.A.
• Ensures proper removal and disposal of waste materials.
• Contributes to making the organization safe for patients, clients and staff, and recognizes the importance of reporting unsafe situations and participating in follow up reviews as a learning opportunity.
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Submit Resume to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager