Part-time 0.9 FTE – schedule to be determined
Eden Residential Care Services – position to be based out of Winkler or Steinbach (subject to successful candidate)
Job Posting Number: E-195-0805
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Consistent with the vision, mission, values, objectives and policies of Eden Health Care Services, the Property Manager assumes leadership responsibility of directing and coordinating the management of all properties related to capital infrastructure and maintenance services. The incumbent is responsible for the environmental maintenance of all Eden Health Care Services offices and properties. The incumbent reports to the Program Director of Housing and Supports and provides direct supervision to maintenance, janitorial, and tenant relations staff at several facility locations. This position is required to travel to other Eden Residential sites on a weekly basis and/or as required (Winnipeg, Steinbach and Winkler).
o Facilities Management Certificate, Building Systems Maintenance Certificate, Property Administration Certificate; or relevant education or experience an asset.
o Completion or current enrolment in a recognized management/leadership course an asset.
o Minimum two years’ experience in property, building or facilities management required.
o Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity required.
o Previous experience in a healthcare environment an asset.
o Knowledge and experience with health and safety legislations, codes, and acts in relation to workplace safety and health, emergency preparedness, and building management.
o Experience managing projects including familiarity with contracts and maintaining budgets.
o Previous experience working in a mental health setting or working with vulnerable people an asset.
o Familiarity with recovery-oriented practice and patient centered care models an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
o Demonstrated ability to maintain positive relationships with staff, tenants, and third-party contractors.
o Strong familiarity and working knowledge of affordable housing laws and anti-discrimination legislation.
o Proficiency with computer skills including usage of Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook and work order/maintenance management software.
o Ability to read and interpret blueprints and relevant building and fire codes.
o Ability to prepare and interpret basic drafting, estimating processes and tendering documents.
o Writing skills necessary to prepare reports and develop policies and procedures.
o Works in accordance with Eden’s mission, vision and values, embodies principles of recovery-oriented practice, and demonstrates Eden’s Core Competencies and Management and Leadership Competencies.
o Excellent work and attendance record.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides oversight to all facility maintenance functions, projects, repairs, improvements, and renovations to ensure that operations are managed effectively.
• Supervises maintenance, janitorial and tenant relations staff, and reviews third-party contract maintenance work. Assumes effective scheduling of staff.
• Engages with staff, clients and tenants and follows through on inquiries, requests, and complaints in a respectful and timely manner.
• Carries out priorities and plans for all properties in collaboration with relevant Program Directors and in keeping with the EHCS strategic plan, provincial directives and established standards.
• Leads the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems for facilities, maintenance, premises, equipment and emergency preparedness. This includes committee work.
• Works collaboratively with legislative bodies, community partners and agencies to ensure safety practices are in place and adhered to (Workplace Safety and Health Manitoba, Manitoba Housing, Office of Disaster Management, etc.).
• Develops contingency plans for continuance of operations during labour disruption and emergency situations, such as fire, electrical failure, floods, etc.
• Participates in preparing and monitoring budgets for properties owned and operated by Eden Health Care Services.
• Determines appropriate means, costs, makes recommendations for capital projects, and prepares tendering documents.
• Is financially responsible and accountable for costs, and consults with Program Director and CFO in decision-making.
• Assists Program Director and CFO with capital planning for all properties.
• Accurately and promptly reviews and submits invoices to Finance Department.
• Develops and implements audit procedures, implements corrective actions, and evaluates outcomes.
• Adheres to existing standards of leading practice, accreditation standards, Workplace Safety and Health legislation, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, Residential Tenancies Policies, Residential Care Licensing requirements and other regulatory bodies related to facility and property management.
• Provides onsite training and education to staff on emergency preparedness requirements.
• Ensures fire safety requirements are met including regular fire drills and assists with education sessions for staff.
Submit Cover Letter and Resumes to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager