Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler
0.4 FTE Indefinite Term; Thursdays & Fridays 8:30am – 4:45pm
Start Date: October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2024
Closing Date: August 11, 2023
Job Posting Number: MR-095-0811
Reporting to the Health Information Services Manager, the Switchboard Operator and Receptionist provides switchboard and reception services. The incumbent must be a versatile, mature individual who demonstrates knowledge and skills in general office procedures while communicating in a pleasant and courteous manner when dealing with people.
The incumbent communicates effectively and collaboratively with other team members to ensure good working relationships and promotes a strong team dynamic in the department. The incumbent will have strong organizational skills and be able to work well with time constraints and deadlines.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and sound judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed, and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Eden Mental Health Centre.
o Grade twelve (12) education or equivalent.
o Previous experience in a health care office environment is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook/Email required.
o Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
o Excellent technical proficiencies, including the ability to learn new software applications, work within Electronic Medical Records and provide technical support to members of staff.
o Demonstrated effective decision making, and problem-solving skills
o Demonstrated ability to take initiative and recognize organizational and departmental needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides a welcoming presence for the public.
• Provides reception duties by answering, screening or redirecting inquiries or concerns that come to the department via telephone or in person.
• Notifies physicians when patients arrive for appointments.
• Communicates effectively and collaboratively with other team members in the program to ensure good working relationships with patients and co-workers and promotes a strong team dynamic in the facility.
• Maintains efficient computer and paper filing systems for all programs within the facility.
• Promotes an organized work environment which will support the function of a busy multi-discipline and multi-service department.
• Prepares daily physician schedules and compiles associated patient documents and distributes to physician offices.
• Prepares daily census.
• Receives, sorts, stamps, and distributes mail as required (including FedEx, Purolator, Canada Post).
• Takes the lead role in scheduling patient appointments as per the direction of physicians and ensures that this occurs in an organized and efficient manner.
• Monitors the patient waiting area and ensures there is a smooth flow of patients into and out of their scheduled treatment areas and waiting areas.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Eden welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to: