What is Recovery of Hope?
Recovery of Hope is a professional counselling centre. Our services are provided to any individual, couple or family that desires to make a change or work through an issue or problem. We have office locations in Winnipeg, Steinbach, Winkler, Altona and Portage la Prairie.
We welcome people of all backgrounds. You will be treated with respect and dignity. Your concerns will be taken seriously and treated confidentially.
We have a variety of counsellors who are qualified, follow a professional code of ethics and are ready to work with you.
Recovery of Hope is a program of Eden Health Care Services.
What Happens in Counselling?
At Recovery of Hope you are invited to identify what brought you to counselling and what you are looking to have happen as a result of coming. Your counsellor will work collaboratively with you to identify and implement steps that will help you achieve the changes you wish to achieve. The number of sessions required depends on the nature of your concerns. Some clients come with particular issues that can be addressed in several sessions. Others are looking to change patterns of behavior that have been present for a long time. Patterns that have developed over time or that are rooted in the past can take longer to interrupt. Counsellors at Recovery of Hope provide their clients with an environment that encourages this work within a safe relationship.
Statistics show that in Canada, a full 60% of visits to physicians have a psychological/emotional well-being component. Hospitalization and emergency care is an even higher statistic. Studies have shown that people who receive counselling dramatically reduce doctor’s visits and have a reduction in physical complaints. Counselling is truly an important component of health care.
Services & Programs
If you are a New Client or would like to inquire about services at any of our six locations, please call 1-866-493-6202.
- Counselling for Individuals, Couples and Families
- Counselling for Children, Adolescents and their families. Recovery of Hope has counsellors with extensive training and experience.
- The CARE Program is a counselling program for faith-based organizations. See fuller description of this service.
- Employee Assistance Program. Many employees have benefit packages that include counselling services. You are welcome to call us to see if there are counsellors available to provide counselling for your particular EAP.
- Prepare/Enrich Program. This is a particular approach to premarital and couple counselling that several of our therapists are qualified to use. Call our office for more information.
- Parenting Courses. We offer courses based on Dr. Gordon Neufeld’s Attachment Theory. See the Courses & Workshops page for current info.
- Anger Management Counselling or other counselling that is mandated by an employer or the court system.
- Speakers Bureau. Counsellors and staff are available to lead a workshop or present at your church or workplace upon request.
- Compassion Fund. By donating to this fund, you are helping us extend the hand of compassion to those in need. As a registered charity we are grateful for your support and can provide you with a tax-receipt for your donation.