Inpatient Unit – Eden Mental Health Centre, Winkler
CUPE – Facility Support
Job Posting Number: W-095-0609
Consistent with the vision, mission, values, objectives and policies of the Centre, the Ward Clerk assists in the daily functions of the Inpatient Unit by facilitating communication interdepartmentally among all staff and between staff and patients.
o Health Unit Clerk certificate required (or willing to obtain)
o Medical terminology certificate required (or willing to obtain)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the nurses by transcribing doctor’s orders in accordance with policy and ward routine. Maintaining a neat, legible, and up-to-date Medication Administration Record and Kardex.
• Facilitates communication by answering telephone, arranging meetings, relaying messages and posting notices as required. Books pre-anesthesia consults, and anesthetists and psychiatrists for ECT, notifies outpatients of ECT treatment appointments and maintains daily logbook. Books patient consults with OT, dietician, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, as per doctors orders.
• Assists in completing requisitions and booking appointments for lab and diagnostic imaging, checks specimens for adequate labelling, packaging and delivery and files reports on patient’s charts, as required.
• Sells toiletries to patients; manages inventory of toiletries and places orders with Regional supply chain logistics.
• Maintains medical and surgical supplies by systematic checks in conjunction with PNA’s and orders supplies as necessary. Maintains a record of all purchases. Maintains a neat and orderly work environment.
• Compiles patient charts, maintains adequate supply, and checks the charts for completeness and in standard order. Dismantles and transports charts to medical records upon discharge.
*See Human Resources for full Job Description
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager